Build the spookiest scarecrow to display on Danville’s square in October.
- $10 per entry.
- Displays may include more than one scarecrow, straw bales, corn stalks, and other items that add to your scarecrow theme.
- Creativity is encouraged! This is a juried contest.
- Scarecrows/displays must be delivered and installed on the courthouse square on Saturday, October 1st, between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm. Check-in will be near the fountain. Scarecrow location will be assigned.
- Jurors will select 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place on Saturday, October 1.
- Winners will be announced at Scares on the Square Friday, October 28.
- Displays must be able to withstand inclement weather conditions. You may be contacted to repair your display.
- No political/controversial displays.
- Displays may be dismantled any time on Saturday, October 29th.